We have spent the last 130 years securing businesses in Nottingham from theft and intruders to ensure they can get on with growing their companies without worrying about security.
Here are our top tips to improve your business security.
- Fit British Standard locks and independent window locks.
- Install a security light to deter trespassers and help you see anyone who does approach when it’s dark outside.
- Install an intruder alarm to alert you (as well as the police or a security firm) when someone breaks into your premises. Alarms also help to reduce the time intruders spend on your property.
- Set up CCTV to deter criminals and help you identify them in the event of a theft or break-in.
- Lock your cash and valuables in a high-quality safe.
- Security grilles and window shutters are a simple and effective way to secure any glass entry point by creating a physical barrier that cannot be broken through by intruders.
- Implement access control systems to prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing restricted areas (e.g. stock rooms).
- Thieves often scope out businesses before deciding to commit burglary. Tall spiky bushes or high fences around your premises can make it harder and less appealing for intruders to break in.
- Lock your tools away and anchor any furniture or bins to the ground to prevent burglars from being able to see and/or use these items to break in.