Here at Halls Locksmith, we improve the security of businesses who have been victims of security breaches. As a business owner, it is important that you keep your business premises safe and secure. Stats show that between 2020-2021, 38% of business premises (151,000 premises) in the Wholesale and retail sector in England and Wales had been a victim of crime.
We want to help YOU secure your business before the occurrence of a crime or security breach. Are you wondering what you can do to improve the security of your business? This article will help you pinpoint aspects of your security that need improving.
Lack of CCTV security cameras
As a business, it is important to ensure the security of your premise for the safety of yourself, your employees and your customers. One of the most effective ways of deterring crime is by installing a CCTV system.
CCTV deters criminals from entering your premises out of fear of being caught. It also provides evidence of a crime, which is not only important for insurance companies, but for identifying any potential criminals and criminal activity.
Some business which can benefit from CCTV are:
- Retail stores and supermarkets
- Banks and financial institutions
- Public spaces such as parks and recreation areas
- Construction sites
- Warehouses and storage facilities
- Restaurants and bars
- Petrol stations and convenience stores
- Car parks and garages.
- Public transportation systems such as airports, train and bus stations
- Manufacturing and industrial facilities
- Hotels and hospitality businesses
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Educational institutions such as schools and universities
- Residential buildings and apartment complexes
- Casinos and gaming establishments
- Government buildings and offices
CCTV camera systems can provide 24-hour surveillance. Here at halls, we provide CCTV cameras of all types, including night vision, so you can rest assured your property is safe even at night. Contact Halls Locksmith for their CCTV installation service to see what is best for you.
No alarm system across your premises
Alarm bells should be ringing if your business establishment doesn’t have an alarm system! If you want to ensure the safety and security of your property, you should have an alarm system throughout your premises.
Modern alarm systems not only deter criminals with a loud noise, but they can also contact you and the police to ensure the security of the property and prevent any further criminal activity as soon as possible. Motion sensor alarm systems are vital to keeping your business safe and secure.
Poor money and valuables security
Part of running a business means you will have to deal with money, valuable materials and important documents. If you don’t have a safe, your goods are vulnerable to theft and damage, and getting lost! To ensure the smooth running of your business and the safety of your valuables, install a safe.
There are a few options you can opt for when choosing the right safe for you.
- Freestanding safe: Traditional style of safe which sits on the floor or desk.
- Underfloor safes: These safes are hidden under concrete or wooden flooring.
- Wall safes: Wall safes sit flush into a brick wall.
Lack of window and door security
Windows and doors are vulnerable access points into your property that intruders can use to gain entry into your property. As a business owner, you want to ensure that your property is protected, and no access point is vulnerable.
Windows grilles and shutters work to protect your property by separating vulnerable glass access points and intruders with a strong metal barrier. They prevent damage to windows, so you don’t have to spend on expensive window repairs. Grilles and shutters can be opened and closed at your will.
Grilles are a great option to install across windows or glass doors, as they still allow natural light to come through into the property without compromising safety. The 3 types of metal barriers are.
- Roller shutters: Typically seen on storefronts after closing, these are retractable metal guards that can be controlled either manually or electrically and secured with locks.
- Security grilles: Perfect for glass access points they can be neatly folded away when not in use.
- Security bars: Strong and tough, with the option of being permanent or removable.
NO access control system
Door locks are the most common and one of the most essential aspects of ensuring the safety of your business. Access control is a system that controls, regulates and restricts which individuals can access certain areas of your business premises.
This creates a hierarchy of staff that can gain access to areas based on an electronic network. This prevents areas of high risk from being compromised, for example, offices with important documents or valuables.
If you’re looking for a Nottingham Locksmith company, Halls Locksmiths has security solution experts who want to provide you expert advice on how to protect your business. We are happy to help with anything you need to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve.