Need to change your locks but unsure how much it’s going to cost you? Read our handy guide to get an idea of what you’ll need to set aside to secure your building.
When should you change your locks?
There are several instances where changing your locks can improve the security of your home or business premises:
- When you move into a new home/premises
- When someone moves out of your home/leaves your business
- After a break-in
- If you lose a key
- If your lock is faulty or damaged
- After 7 years with the same lock
Read more: When should I change my locks?
What will influence the cost of changing a lock?
- The price of changing a lock may vary depending on several factors such as:
- Brand of lock being replaced
- Standard of lock being changed (British Standard or Non-British standard)
- Time of day (out of hours or normal working hours)
- The time it takes our locksmith to complete job
- Distance the locksmith has to travel from our location to yours
Prices to change locks
As mentioned above, prices for changing locks can vary depending on the type of lock and complexity of the job.
Below we’ve listed the minimum price it costs our customers for some of the most common lock replacements (prices may be higher depending on the circumstances).
- Changing a Yale lock – from £70 (cylinder only)
- Changing a Euro Cylinder lock on a uPVC door £90 or upgrade to 3 star- £120
- Changing a Mortice lock on wooden door – from £80
- Changing a Mortice lock on a wooden door upgrade to BS3621 – £120
- Lockout 8.30-5.00 Monday to Friday from £60 plus replacement parts
- Lockout 5.00-12.00 after 5.00 and all weekend before 12.00pm £90 plus parts
- Lockout 12.00 – 8.00am £120.00 plus replacement parts if necessary
Prices may be different dependent upon location
How much does it cost to get a key cut?
Not all situations require a new lock. If you simply need to grant access to more people, cutting a new key may be a more cost-effective option.
Here are the prices for some of most commonly cut keys in our locksmith shop:
- Yale key cutting – from £3.75
- Mortice key cutting – from £5.99
- 3 Star cylinder key cutting – from £16
Our friendly team are always available to offer you advice on ensuring your house or office is safe. We are happy to help with anything you need to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. Pop into our store or give us a call on 0115 9780141.