What keys can you cut?
A skilled locksmith will be able to replace most house keys, including:
- Yale Keys
- 3 Cylinder Keys
- Master Keys
How much does it cost for a replacement key?
The cost of getting new keys cut varies depending on the lock type and the key required. Your locksmith may also charge different rates depending on the time of day and your location. Each locksmith will charge a different rate, meaning it can be helpful to inquire about pricing before calling them out to your property.
Here are the prices for some of the most commonly cut keys in our locksmith shop:
- Yale key cutting – from £3.75
- Mortice key cutting – from £5.99
- 3 Star cylinder key cutting – from £16
Read our simple guide to key cutting services for more key cutting prices at Halls Locksmiths.
How much does it cost for a replacement lock?
Some situations require a new lock to improve the security of your home. Prices for changing locks can vary depending on the type of lock and the complexity of the job.
Below we’ve listed the minimum price it costs our customers for some of the most common lock replacements (prices may be higher depending on the circumstances).
- Changing a Yale lock – from £70 (cylinder only)
- Changing a Euro Cylinder lock on a uPVC door £90 or upgrade to 3 star- £120
- Changing a Mortice lock on wooden door – from £80
- Changing a Mortice lock on a wooden door upgrade to BS3621 – £120
- Changing a car key – £20 -£60 depending on programming
Read our guide ‘how much does it cost to change locks’ for more information and pricing.
How much does it cost to call a locksmith out for a replacement lock?
- Lockout 8.30-5.00 Monday to Friday from £60 plus replacement parts
- Lockout 5.00-12.00 after 5.00 and all weekend before 12.00pm £90 plus parts
- Lockout 12.00 – 8.00am £120.00 plus replacement parts if necessary
How long does it take to cut a key?
Many keys can be cut by professional locksmiths in just a few minutes – however there are some keys that will require longer.
Below we have listed how long your key will take to cut
- Yale keys- a matter of minutes in store
- Mortice keys- a matter of minutes in store
- 3 star cylinder keys- while many can be cut while you wait in store, it can take longer depending on the key
- Car keys- car keys that require no programming can often be done in less than a day however those with more advanced programming requirements can take longer
- Safe keys- the same day
Read our simple guide to key cutting for more information about the service.
What times can I call for your services?
We can be there for you whenever you need us; whether you need to open or fit locks and safes, install grilles and security alarms or have a security emergency. We offer a 24 hour service, meaning our locksmiths are there for you in an emergency and around the clock to resolve all of your security issues quickly.
How quickly can a Locksmith get to me?
We provide both instore and mobile services with our professional team of locksmiths to provide out of store work from their fully stock vans.
Halls Locksmiths is based in the centre of Nottingham which makes us an ideal emergency locksmith for those in the city and surrounding areas. We often arrive within 30 minutes so you can get back on with the rest of your day as soon as possible.
When should I change my locks?
Over time, your locks will need replacing so that they can function correctly and meet the latest home security standards. It is recommended that you change your locks at least every 7 years, however, you can change them more frequently for your peace of mind or due to any number of security reasons.
How do I know if I can trust a locksmith?
If you have lost your only set of keys then you will need to get a replacement key. Finding a trusted and reputable locksmith is your first step in getting back into your home.
The last thing you want is to hire a locksmith who is going to make your day worse by doing a bad job or overcharging you. There are lots of businesses that offer convenient key cutting services, however using a Master Locksmith Association approved company to cut your keys has its added benefits. The Master Locksmiths Association can help you find approved locksmiths in your local area.
Halls Locksmiths are MLA approved company, view our MLA profile.
Find more top tips for finding an emergency locksmith who will do a good job so that you can be sure you are in the best hands when locked out of your home.
Do you need the original key to make a new one?
A skilled locksmith will be able to create you a new key without needing the original.